Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oil and water pump

A 30mm socket worded nicely to install the lip seal in the oil pump.

Lip seal in place.

The re-enforced oil pump shaft, bigger diameter and longer spindles.








Ready to place timing chain cover.




I have grinded a crow foot to torque the 2 top screws.



Just to make sure that the oil pump shaft is properly in place




Oil pan ready to be installed.









Time to take care of the water pump. I have used some sealer to hold it in place (Avoiding it to turn and leak later).


I've used a large socket with some 600 grid and a little polishing to smooth out the surface







On the picture below, you'll see 3 screws that are longer than the others (On the oil pan); I don't know why and I put them there, at the end of the oil pan. If someone knows why and where they should go, please let me know.